I am over 21 years old, non-Muslim
WINES

Leyda Single Vineyard Falaris Hill Chardonnay

FacebookTwitterGoogle+

100% Chardonnay from estate vineyards in the Leyda Valley. Falaris Hill Vineyard is a small block located on a southeastern facing slope, with a particularly low fertility to the soil. To maximize fruit quality, it is further managed to keep yields low, about 2.4 to 2.8 tons per acre. The grapes were hand harvested. After a gentle whole cluster pressing, the juice was chilled down to 46°F and gravity clarified. The must was fermented with several yeasts in French oak barrels, ¼ of them new. After fermentation, 90% of the juice was sulphated in order to avoid malolactic fermentation and to keep the natural acidity of the wine. The remaining 10% underwent malolactic fermentation. Battonage was carried out twice a week during the 8 months that the wine was in barrels, to ensure the perfect integration of fruit and oak aromas and flavors.

Region:Leyda Valley, Chile
Vintage:2017
Grape:Chardonnay
Alcohol:13.5%
Tasting Note:Refined and complex nose. Ripe citrus character like lemons and tangerines combines with almond and mineral aromas. Its fine and integrated oak notes add complexity to the nose. Fresh in the mouth, with a creamy texture in the mid palate and a lively acidity further back, where the minerality stands up providing crispness and length to the wine.
View Official Website:
REVIEW
Related Products