I am over 21 years old, non-Muslim
WINES

Albert Bichot Chablis Premier Cru Montee de Tonerre – Domaine Long-Depaquit

FacebookTwitterGoogle+

The Montée de Tonnerre vineyards are located on the right bank of the Serein River in the commune of Chablis. The vines are planted in clay-limestone soil dating back to the Kimmeridgian stage of the Upper Jurassic Period. The slopes are moderate (approximately 20%) and benefit from western to south-western exposure. The purity of this vineyard’s subsoil, similar to that of the Blanchot and Les Clos Grand Crus, lends nobility to this wine. The soil here is rather white and contains few stones.

Region:Burgundy, France
Vintage:2013
Grape:Chardonnay
Vinification:After being picked by hand, the grapes are quickly transported to the Château's winery. The grapes are gently pressed in our pneumatic presses to yield quality musts. Cold static settling, the most natural way of settling must, removes any remaining impurities. 20% of the grapes are vinified in 3 to 5-year old barrels while the remaining 80% are vinified in stainless steel so as to showcase the mineral profile and power of the wines from this terroir. During this phase, the sugars in the must, with the help of yeasts, are transformed into alcohol. A second (malolactic) fermentation follows, during which bacteria transform malic acid into lactic acid. The wine's acidity drops naturally during this process and its flavours develop finesse.
Ageing:The wine is aged on fine lees in barrels (20%) and stainless steel (80%) for 8 months followed by another 3 months in stainless steel tanks. The wine is kept on fine lees until it is bottled. Depending on the characteristics of the vintage which are determined through tastings, the lees may be stirred back into suspension during the ageing period.
Alcohol:13%
Tasting Notes:Pale yellow in colour with green highlights. Fine, floral notes on the nose that are immediately followed by mineral aromas reminiscent of crushed oyster shells. On the palate, structure and delicateness are complemented by lovely, complex fruit flavours.
View Official Website:
REVIEW
Related Products